Highlighting Code Block WordPress Plugin is a free WordPress Plugin to download.
"Highlighting Code Block" allows you to add a syntax-highlighted code block with just a click.
It supports both "Block Editor" and "Classic Editor".
(However, we recommend using it in the “Block Editor”.)
HOW TO USE （FOR BLOCK EDITOR)
- Open the “Formatting” category of the Block Inserter.
- There is a custom block named “Highlighing Code Block”.
- Select it, the block will be inserted.
- Select the language of the code and enter any code.
HOW TO USE （FOR CLASSIC EDITOR）
- You should see a select box labeled “Code Block” on the toolbar (2nd row by default).
- When you select a language from the select box, a code block (pre tag) is inserted.
IF IT DOESN’T WORK
This plugin works only with PHP version 5.6 or later, WordPress 5.0 or later.
Please check your PHP version or WordPress version.
The menu “CODE BLOCK” should be added to “Settings” in the left menu of the management screen.
Settings related to this plugin are set in this menu.
How To Install Highlighting Code Block - WordPress Plugin
This plugin can be installed directly from your site.
- Log in and navigate to “Plugins” → “Add New”.
- Type “Highlighting Code Block” in the search field and press Enter.
- Locate the plugin in the list of search results and click “Install Now”.
- Once installed, click the “Activate” button.