GoDaddy WordPress Hosting makes building your first WordPress website easier with a Quick Start Wizard, pre-built themes, core software updates, daily backups and 24/7 support. GoDaddy includes free one-click WordPress installation on all plans. It also offers managed WordPress hosting, meaning your server will be configured specifically for WordPress to optimize performance, uptime, and security.
WordPress Hosting from GoDaddy uses servers modified to ensure WordPress websites run smoothly. GoDaddy also take care of pesky software and security updates so you don’t have to. GoDaddy's WordPress Hosting is the perfect solution for anyone who wants the power and simplicity of WordPress without the hassle of managing technical adjustments.
What is WordPress Hosting?
WordPress hosting is a type of web hosting that’s designed specifically to optimize WordPress websites for speed, performance and security. It pays special attention to WordPress’ technical and security requirements and usually offers a simple, 1-click WordPress installation or migration.
WordPress® is a blog and web-publishing platform that's not only easy to use, but recognized the world over as a standard in website creation. With its focus on aesthetics, web standards and usability, WordPress is an open-source platform that lets you manage everything from a small personal blog to a large commercial site with hundreds of pages.
Why GoDaddy's WordPress Hosting?
Fully managed, reliable, always up to date:
Get peace of mind knowing your WordPress site is fully managed with built-in security (malware scanning and removal), daily backups and automatically updated WordPress software, plugins, extensions and PHP versions to optimize performance and reliability — and fast load times.
Pre-installed extensions, plugins and themes:
Start creating your site with WordPress pre-installed with access to 60,000+ extensions, plugins and design themes. Plus, you get a free SSL, your own domain, business email, backups and a staging site.
Ecommerce-ready — with WooCommerce:
Our Managed WordPress Hosting platform with WooCommerce gives you the freedom to sell anything, anywhere online – from physical products to digital downloads, services and subscriptions.
Who is GoDaddy owned by?
Robert Ralph Parsons (born November 27, 1950) is an American entrepreneur, billionaire, and philanthropist. In 1997, he founded the GoDaddy group of companies, including domain name registrar GoDaddy.com, reseller registrar Wild West Domains, and Blue Razor Domains.
Godaddy's WordPress Hosting Benefits
- 99.9% uptime guarantee and money-back guarantee.
- CDN Boost for faster load times of up to 50%.
- Professional Email — free for the first year
- Automatic WordPress core software and security updates.
- Access to thousands of free themes and plugins.
- For beginners: Pre-built sites and drag & drop page editor.
- Free 24/7 support.
- One-click migration tool.
- Latest version of PHP.
- Temporary domain name.
- WP-CLI, SSH and SFTP (applies to Deluxe, Ultimate and Ecommerce).
- Staging site and developer access.
Godaddy's WordPress Hosting Features
24-hour malware scans and removal.
Hackers use malware to steal your customers' info, deface your site and ruin your reputation. So, our malware scans and removal are performed on your site files and databases every 24 hours. In some cases, these may occur up to 48 hours, depending on time of backups and place in the queue.
Built-in speed and performance.
Our platform is optimized for WordPress, with high-performance features like load-balanced servers. Our clustered server environment means your site is ready for traffic spikes.
Managed and automated tasks.
Your hosting plan is set up with WordPress installed and ready. We back up your site nightly and keep it safe by ensuring you're always on the newest version of WordPress with all security updates applied.
Integrated site optimization tools.
Boost search engine rankings and improve your visitors’ experience with site speed tools. Test your site's performance with GTmetrix, then use the report to help optimize your speed.
Daily backups with 1-click restore.
We back up your site every night — files, databases, everything — and keep that version safe for a full month. Need to restore a file? Do it with just one click.
Migrate your existing site.
With our auto-migration feature, you can migrate your WordPress site to us with 1 click. If you use a custom login page, our support staff is here to talk you through it.
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
Managed WordPress is Godaddy's streamlined, optimized hosting platform for building and managing WordPress sites. The entire hosting environment is built around making your WordPress site run faster and more securely.
For WordPress, managed means Godaddy handle some basic administrative tasks, such as installing WordPress, automated daily backups, WordPress core updates, and server-level caching.
Here are some key features Managed WordPress offers:
- The latest version of WordPress is automatically installed.
- Automatic WordPress core updates.
- Performance-enhancing caching.
- Enhanced security through restricted file access.
- Secure access to your files and database with sFTP and phpMyAdmin.
- Automatic, daily backups (last 30 days).
- Integrated SSL is included for the life of your hosting account.
- One-click migration too
Because of these optimizations, there are also some limitations you should know:
- Managed WordPress does not support WordPress multisite networks.
- Godaddy have a curated list of plugins that are not allowed to be installed. This blocklist includes plugins with security vulnerabilities, duplicate functionality of built-in features, poor performance characteristics, and some that are non-functional
Godaddy's WordPress Ecommerce Hosting
Godaddy Managed WordPress Ecommerce platform with WooCommerce gives you the freedom to sell anything, anywhere online – from physical products to digital downloads, services and subscriptions.
- Unlimited visitors, storage and product listings for 1 store.
- Access to free, exclusive premium WooCommerce extensions.
- SEO optimizer to increase traffic.
- Daily malware scans, removal and hack repair.
- 1-click staging environment for testing.
- Unlimited product listings. No transaction fees.
- Free Domain
- Free Business Email – 1st year.
- Daily backups (on-demand and downloadable).
- Automatic WordPress core updates and security patching.
- Free SSL installed and configured.
- CDN Boost for faster page load times.
Is GoDaddy a good host?
GoDaddy has long been a reliable host — world-renowned as the #1 domain registrar. With some of the best security and longevity in the industry, the hosting company is a trustworthy provider we confidently recommend.
GoDaddy WordPress Hosting Pricing & Plans
WordPress Hosting plans and prices. ; A great way to get started. $9.99, With an annual term ( savings).
GoDaddy Managed Hosting FAQs
Is WordPress Free with GoDaddy?
Yes, like almost all hosting companies, WordPress is free with GoDaddy. GoDaddy's managed WordPress hosting plans make it even easier to install WordPress than their basic Linux hosting plans as well.
How Do You Use WordPress with GoDaddy?
WordPress is a totally separate open-source software from GoDaddy, so you need to install it on your GoDaddy hosting. However, with a managed WordPress hosting plan it comes pre-installed. WordPress works just fine on GoDaddy!
You'll still need to understand the basics of WordPress, but as far as hosting is concerned, it will come pre-installed.
How Do You Use WordPress with a GoDaddy Domain?
Buying a domain with GoDaddy is separate from GoDaddy hosting. So you can buy a GoDaddy domain and then point the domain name A record or name servers to any host that has WordPress installed on it.
Many GoDaddy domain buyers use GoDaddy hosting for simplicity, but it's not required at all. You can use a GoDaddy domain with Bluehost, SiteGround, Kinsta, and many more!